Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Sunday, September 18, 2011

More cookin' with CSA produce

Okay, so instead of cleaning and organizing my scrapbook room, which was my original plan for the day, I decided to tackle the giant pile of squash on the sunroom table.  Here's what I've made so far today:

First, I baked up most of the acorn and Sweet Baby squash.

I cubed up 4 butternut squash and made a big pot of soup.

I made a stuffing with brown rice, carrots, onion, and granny smith apples, which I put in the Sweet Baby squash and baked.  Sooooo tasty!

I had some purply-green runner beans, so I looked up a recipe online and modified it a little.  It has tomato, onion, green pepper, olive oil, coriander, cumin, chili powder and turmeric.  Different, but good.

And, I added a little agave nectar and some allspice and pumpkin pie spice to the acorn and bon bon squash.  A sweet treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment