Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Sunday, September 25, 2011

Inspired by my sister, Laura- My first Blog Giveaway!

Okay, so I thought this blog was primarily going to be a homeschooling blog.  Turns out, it's mostly about all the food I've been cooking lately.  To celebrate the unexpected in life, I'm going to have my first giveaway on my blog.

$25.00 gift card to Target   to be randomly selected from those who leave a comment after this post.  


So leave a comment, suggestion, cooking tip, homeschooling anecdote or other useful quip, and I will enter you in the drawing to be held on Tuesday, Sept. 27 at 1:00 PM, eastern time.

Bonne Chance!

14 comments:

  1. Well, I think my comment should be, as it was on Laura's, that to be able to successfully post a comment you have to click on "post comment" three times before it actually posts. And also that you don't need a URL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should make something with potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I not know you had a blog? How great!!

    And I have to agree with The reluctant academic and suggest potatoes. I've been thinking of starting a potato blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne you are awesome first for being a great mom and second a great cook!!! Love ya see ya so
    soon!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just happened to check out your blog after your response on the toddler sign language thread on WTM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O no..how can I almost miss this....wait..I need to write something useful right?
    Here is a recipe from a friend: I dont know if you knew it before.

    Very healthy salad:
    -Romaine lettuce (or something similar)
    do not use prewash, wash it your self carefuly to remove all chemical (if any), wipe it with kitchen towel (if you have time:))and wash it with lime juice.
    -Cucumber
    -Tomato
    That 3 veggies are the basic, if you have apple, avocado,or other fruits that will be great.
    Homemade dressing:
    Extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic chopped,lime juice, salt and pepper
    No Carb...
    As much as possible , whenever you want... as your snack too
    Eat itu with protein (chicken or fish)steam or grilled

    Susan Djohari

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a blog! I'm so excited. Consider me a loyal follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful idea to blog about the days of you homeschooling the kids. Time flies by - and by having a blog you will be able to reflect. I wish I had a good recipe to share but can't think of one...it's Fall just make something pumpkin flavored : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi lynne, nice blog. everyone loves food! i want to win the $25 gift certificate! Aunt Kaki

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi lynne, the time stamp is off! I posted at 10:57am and it says 7:56am. what's up??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know. I can't figure it out. I'm not that technologically saavy. Did you see that I'm doing the drawing at 3:00 PM? I'm leaving in a bit to pick up the farm produce.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I shall try posting as anonymous to see if that works the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nope, still took three "hits". Mom

    ReplyDelete