Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Saturday, September 24, 2011

Another Day in the Kitchen

The sun is shining so brightly, I feel I should be outside!  But, once again, the ingredients in the kitchen are calling to me.  I have a chicken in the stock pot for some home made chicken noodle soup, but that picture will have to come tomorrow.

So far, I've made: more tomato sauce, but with no extra veggies this time, except onion and green pepper.  This is prior to my pureeing it.


 I shall then pour some of the sauce over the innards of this lovely baked spaghetti squash.  Mmmm.


For dessert, I made all natural "Snickers".  You mix raw almond butter, cocoa powder and honey and stuff it into pitted medjool dates!  Freeze for a few hours, then devour.   There's a 100 calorie snack you can really sink your teeth into.


 I also made what the kids refer to as healthy candy, a. k. a. date/nut balls.



And last, but not least, green beans with bacon and onions.  Savory!

1 comment: