Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ah, the joys of homeschooling . . .

Yesterday, I devoted a chunk of the afternoon to making phone calls about pesky items that have fallen through the cracks, and with which I have not desired to deal, as of late.  One of these items was the fact that I have not yet received my letter excusing the children from public school in favor of homeschooling.  I sent the huge packet of paperwork to the superintendent's office via certified mail on August 2.  Legally, they have two weeks in which to respond, but I give them the benefit of the doubt, that they are extremely busy with the unrolling of the new school year at that point.   According to the Ohio Revised Code, I don't really need their letter if I have proof that I sent in my required paperwork- except that I do need it to receive educator discounts at many locations.

So, I called the superintendent's office and was told that they hadn't received my paperwork.  I informed them that my return certified post card stated that a George Somebody had signed for it.  Apparently, he is the fellow who picks up the mail at the post office for the school board and the secretary became flustered when she realized that something was amiss on their end.  She had me scan and email the paperwork directly to her.  I received confirmation this morning that she received it, so hopefully I will hear back soon!  I want my 15% and 20% discounts at JoAnn and Barnes and Noble!  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment