Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Monday, June 4, 2012

Interesting dish



I had purchased some asparagus and garlic scapes at the farmers market on Saturday because they looked good.  I didn't really have a plan for them, so I just started looking through my cupboards and tossed this dish together with stuff I had on hand.

Brown rice- pre-cooked
Mung beans- rinsed and cooked

Saute chopped asparagus, garlic scapes, carrots and green onions in a little olive oil.  Add cooked mung beans and rice and stir fry until heated through.  You could eat it just like this with a little salt and pepper to taste.  I had a jar of Trader Joe's curry simmer sauce, which I added.  It gave this dish a little heat and indian flavor.  Tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment