Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Monday, June 4, 2012

Game Week

We finished most of our school work last week, except for some things we are still reading, so we are having a Game Week to finish off the school year.  I will post more pictures later, but I'm posting what I have so far so that I can finish printing my blog for our portfolio review.

We will be playing lots of fun games, some of which will be educational and related to what we have learned this year.

We played "Main Idea Bingo"

Math Dice Game

I had them close their eyes and write . . .

 . . . Marvin K. Mooney, will you please go now!

Ed's came out pretty good.  They both did better than I thought they would.

Then we started putting a puzzle together.

This may take all week!




Some of the other things I have planned for this week are:

Another Mystery Box
Badminton
Online games in grammar, health, math, chemistry & French
French Word Search
Multiplication Bingo
History Game about Simon Bolivar
Making up stories- one sentence at a time
Frisbee
Mad Libs
Sudoku
Boggle
Flash Card Bonanza
Soccer
A fun art project
Board games of the boys' choice
AND
I froze a bunch of their toys in a block of ice, and they are going to have to get them out using a squirt gun!

No comments:

Post a Comment