Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Sunday, August 26, 2012

CSA Share #12 and SALSA!

 We received another giant load of tomatoes, onions, and more peppers of various kinds, so I thought that some salsa was in order.  Anja and I started chopping up all the veg this morning, and I realized that I didn't have any cilantro.  What is salsa without cilantro?  Since I was still in my jammies, I persuaded my darling husband to run up to the store to get some for me.  Never having purchased anything green in a grocery store before (except some questionable meat from the day-old rack), he was a little nervous about the venture.  I assured him that anyone working in the produce aisle would be able to assist him, so off he went.  He came home with cilantro- and even the organic kind!  I was pretty proud of him.  (Those of you who are familiar with the great baby food debacle of 2003 will understand why this was such a momentous occasion.)


I plan to make a tasty ratatouille with the rest of the tomatoes, eggplant and zucchini.

Here is the scrumptious mild salsa.  

1 comment: