Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Veggie Cooking

 Yesterday afternoon was another food prep/cooking day.




I made a dip out of green peas and garlic, a spiced butternut squash soup, a roasted beet and roasted garlic soup, a chard and cabbage slaw, a broccoli and steamed acorn squash salad, and a roasted cauliflower and roasted red pepper salad with kalamata olives.  The recipes were on WholeLiving.com in their 28 day challenge.  I changed some of them a little to accommodate the ingredients I had on hand.  I also accidentally put tahini in the cauliflower salad, but it sure made it taste good!



This was lunch on Sunday.  I found a Mimolette cheese at BJ's of all places, so I had to buy it and try it.   It was pretty good.  I felt like I was back in France or Germany with this meal!

And here is the juice I had yesterday- pink grapefruit, carrot & ginger.


No comments:

Post a Comment