Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Friday, January 6, 2012

Back to the smoothies and juicing

Okay, my goal for the new year is to get back to the regular alternation of fresh juice and green smoothies.  Yesterday, I juiced carrots, celery, ginger, granny smith apples, and beet greens together.  Pretty tasty.  Even Nellie drank some.

This morning, I made my standard green smoothie:  frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, frozen mango, frozen pineapple, green superfood powder and today I added red chard for the greens.  Delicious!

Here's a picutre of the greens I bought at Whole Foods.  They have the most beautiful greens.


Here's the smoothie before I added the water:



And here's the final product:

No comments:

Post a Comment