Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Deliciousness

I haven't had much time, nor have I been too inspired to cook lately, so meals around here have been pretty boring lately- until last night.  Nellie had brought home a jar of sundried tomatoes that had been sitting on the counter, calling to me for several days.  Sitting outside in the chill night air, passing out candy to trick-or-treaters, made me very hungry, so I dreamed up this concoction, then came in to cook it while Nellie stayed out with the candy bucket:


I sauteed onions in olive oil over medium low heat to get them nice and sweet, then browned a pound of organic, grass fed ground beef in with the onions.  While it was cooking, I added garlic powder, dried oregano and basil, crushed red pepper flakes (for a little kick!) and some salt and pepper.    When the meat was done, I drained the fat, added the tomatoes until they were heated through, then poured the concoction over brown rice spaghetti noodles that I had been cooking while preparing the rest of the food.  In the meat pan, I added a couple tablespoons of water, and wilted a couple handfuls of baby spinach, which I stirred into the dinner.  

This was SO delicious.  I wish I had more.  But I used all the tomatoes, or I would make more right now!  Shopping on Friday, so guess what I'm having for dinner this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy and very healthy!!!

    I will have to try it!
    Thanks,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete