Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Friday, October 7, 2011

Lake Farmpark

I kind of miss this place.  Eddie and Andrew both loved to go there all the time when they were little, but as Eddie's phobia of bugs increased, his desire to go to the farmpark drastically decreased.  Grandma and I took them there today because I wanted them to see the display made out of balloons by Swifty the Clown.  It was pretty amazing.





The kids liked this cow poop with the flies on it!



My favorite was the bins of balloon vegetables.



They also got a kick out of the Angry Bird.



We started to watch the border collie demonstration, but Eddie was not a happy camper with a bee flying around, so he and I went up to the Plant Science Building, while Grandma and Andrew finished watching.





 They joined us at the Plant Building, and our mouths were watering at the produce growing in the hydroponics lab as well as in the garden beds outside.











Andrew and I also braved the corn maze, which seemed to go on for an eternity, but I think that was mostly because of the blazing sunshine.  It was such a gorgeous day.









Random other photos of the beautiful, sunny day at Lake Farmpark:











No comments:

Post a Comment