Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Saturday, July 6, 2013

Giant Cauliflower!

CSA share #5

Contained this enormous cauliflower,



So, I made this cauliflower gratinée.  I guess I fail at being a vegan.  


Oh, well.

2 comments:

  1. That looks so good! You're ahead of us on the veggies. I feel like we won't see a tomato forever. The ones in our yard are just flowering now. This week we got spinach,lettuce, chard, zucchini, strawberries, garlic scapes, scallions, broccoli. I'd love some snap peas and some cukes. And I think eating that many veggies cancels out the dairy. Last year we were making roasted beets and kale sauteed with bacon and topped with blue cheese. Mmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, the beet and kale thing sounds sooooo good. I was hoping for some kale today, but didn't get any. I keep juicing any beets that come my way, but I need to stop doing that so I can actually make something with them. I will save any more beets for the above dish!

    We really did have an easy spring here, and lots of rain this summer, so everything is growing like crazy. We don't have any ripe big tomatoes, yet, but I've eaten a handful of grape tomatoes right off the vine. I keep picking hot peppers and green beans like mad, too. I just gave a big handful of green beans to my neighbor yesterday.

    ReplyDelete