Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Friday, May 10, 2013

I'm loving the vegan thing!

Trying out the vegan-ish lifestyle, and here are a few of the things I've made recently.

I've made this before, but this time I tried it with tricolor quinoa.  It's so tasty that I want to spoon it in my mouth directly from the bowl.  Technically not vegan because the dressing contains a little honey.  But I did use olive oil in place of the butter it called for when sautéing the corn and green onions.

My friend Lisa would be able to eat this one with me.  It's an oil-free stew made with red potatoes, kale,  tomatoes & cannellini beans from the Forks Over Knives people.

I took some of the quinoa dish and sprinkled it on some spinach and zucchini slices that stuffed into some Engine House 2 brown rice wraps, spread with a spicy black bean dip from Whole Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment