Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Thursday, February 14, 2013

A New Concoction



I needed to come up with something to do with the leftover chicken from our chicken noodle soup, and also with a half a head of cabbage.  I wanted it to be fairly low-cal at the same time.  So, I made a salad of the chicken, grated cabbage, celery, yellow pepper, radishes, red onion, cilantro, and carrots.  I made a dressing of raw honey, raw apple cider vinegar, and flax oil.  Then I dumped it on a bed of baby spinach.  A tasty and healthy lunch, if I do say so myself.

1 comment: