Smart Guys

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught."
-Winston Churchill

"Learning should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the mind of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail."
-Taylor Caldwell


"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
-Albert Einstein


Saturday, September 15, 2012

Post #100- CSA Share 15

Hello Folks,

I'm celebrating my 100th post by having a giveaway.  Leave a comment on this post, and I'll enter your name in a drawing for a $10.00 Barnes & Noble gift card.  Edited to add:  I just ordered the gift card through my bank's reward catalog, so I'll do the drawing on the day the card comes in the mail!




There was a nice bag of apples, another bok choy, little sweet peppers, fresh basil- lots to be excited about.  Fortunately, I bought some mozzerella so I can have a nice Caprese salad!



Tried a variation on some zucchini fries I saw on Pinterst.  Not bad.

Eddie has asked on and off for several years for me to make a recipe from his Kid's Cookbook called Ham Cannonballs.  So, today, I did.  Good thing I had the foresight to use gluten-free bread crumbs, because of course he doesn't like them.  Once again, I'll be the only one eating a dish in my house filled with uber-picky eaters.




25 comments:

  1. Like the food. Would like the B & N. Still hard to post a comment. This is your mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanna come over on Monday and finish watching HP and eat some of it?

      Delete
    2. Yes. That would be great. Harry has become sort of real to me. (Sad)

      Delete
  2. I love contests :).. Looks nummy!!! How is school going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contests are fun! School is going fairly well. I'm scanning some papers as I type to make a Back to School post!

      Delete
  3. LOL! Oh boy, not sure about competing with your mother ;D But yes, I think it's wonderful for you to offer a drawing for B&N.
    Mommaduck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry. My sister works at B&N. We can hook her up if she doesn't win. lol!

      Delete
  4. Dear Mom of Lynne- You have raised a lovely daughter, u totally fer sure deserve that card after all ur hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sweet! I guess I'll have to have a back-up card if she doesn't win the drawing! lol!

      Delete
    2. Who is this lovely, sweet, accurate person. I might be willing to share the card with her/him if I won. lol

      Delete
  5. Oh my heck, I've never won a blog drawing. Here's hoping *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep mine crossed for you, too. I think I let ds1 pick for my first giveaway, so I'll let ds2 pick this time.

      Delete
  6. Ok - here's my comment! I'm pulling for your mom to win too. ;-) We get a CSA too and your first pic looks very familiar! I have so much right now. The tomatoes in ours this year have been nuts. I need to make a ton of pesto right now - I have basil coming out of my ears. I just made enough salsa for a party of 50.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, pesto sounds good. Yeah, what's up with the tomatoes this year?

      Delete
  7. There is no disclaimer present on how many times you can enter to win. Can I just keep hitting "publish as anon" and win? I don't have much to do this weekend. Am bored. - Love, Anon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why not, but how will I distinguish you from any other Anons? ;)

      Delete
    2. Dear Lynne,

      I'm the most friendly, obviously. :)

      I am learning about the friendly letter.

      Sincerely yours,

      Anon

      Delete
  8. Are sisters able to enter? If so count me in. Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If mothers are eligible, I don't see why sisters wouldn't be. Why haven't you been blogging lately?

      Delete
  9. the fries looked yummy, yeah I have some picky eaters, too- it's a downer sometimes.

    would love to win the card!

    Happy 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw your post on The Well Trained Mind - congratulations on your 100th blog post! My oldest son was a picky eater until late in high school and his first girlfriend got him to try all sorts of new things, so there is hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There may be hope for the older one, but my younger one seems to be following in his father's footsteps. The two of them would literally rather starve to death than eat something they deem "disgusting." And, no, I'm not exaggerating. My MIL told me that dh would go to his room and not eat anything at all, to the point where the school was concerned that he was malnourished and sent CPS to check on the home. After that, she forced him to eat some things and she said he always looked like he was chewing on glass.

      Delete
  11. Okay, I'm going to leave a comment, because I really want the gift card too. Since sisters are also eliglible, count me in.

    What creative things have you been able to do with bok choy?

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've received three bok choys this summer. The first two I made into stir fries with various other things, both of which I've posted pictures here. This next one is going to go into soup of some kind. Haven't decided what all will be in it, yet.

    ReplyDelete